Patient Concerns and Complaints

CHI Health strives to provide superior care to all those we serve and ensures patients that they can expect to receive reasonable care during their stay.  We do understand, however, that there may be times when you may feel your stay did not meet your reasonable expectations for care.  When this happens, CHI Health recognizes your right to express concern and voice a grievance about your care in an environment that is non-threatening and constructive.

We welcome your concerns as an opportunity to improve our ability to care for you.  Because our commitment is to provide you with high quality in an environment that is safe and comfortable, you can be assured that your care will not be compromised by registering a concern, complaint or grievance through the Patient Action Lines or to any of the outside agencies listed below.

Concerns can be directed to Administration at each facility via the Patient Action Line, 24 hours a day. To assist you in directing your concern, complaint or grievance, please call Patient Action Line on your particular hospital campus.  

Patient Action Lines

CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center-Bergan Mercy and University Campus Omaha, NE (402) 398-5799
CHI Health Missouri Valley Missouri Valley, IA (712) 642-2784
CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center Omaha, NE (402) 449-4013
CHI Health Immanuel Omaha, NE (402) 572-2898
CHI Health Lakeside Omaha, NE (402) 717-8717
CHI Health Lasting Hope Recovery Center Omaha, NE (402) 717-5320
CHI Health Mercy Corning Corning, IA (641) 322-6279
CHI Health Schuyler Schuyler, NE (402) 352-4072
CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs Council Bluffs, IA (712) 328-5950
CHI Health Midlands Papillion, NE (402) 593-3172
CHI Health Plainview Plainview, NE (402) 582-4245
All other CHI Health locations (402) 717-1730

If your concerns are related to the quality and safety of your care at any of our Joint Commission-accredited facilities and are not addressed to your satisfaction, you may wish to contact the Joint Commission at:

Joint Commission
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Blvd.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

Reporting Privacy Violations

In addition, if you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with the administrator of the facility at which you received care or you may file a violation of privacy complaint with us:

CHI Health Privacy Office
555 S. 70th Street
Lincoln, NE 68510

You may also submit a privacy complaint to:
Department of Health & Human Services
Office for Civil Rights
601 East 12th Street, Room 248
Kansas City, MO 64106
(816) 426-7277
(816) 426-7065 (TDD)
(816) 426-3686 (Fax) 

All complaints must be submitted in writing. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.